- Onions – 2 big
- Garlic – 4 flakes
- Cabbage – 1/4 kg
- Oil – 3 Tbl sps
- Red chillies – 10
- Fenugreek seeds – 2 tsps
- Mustard – 1 tsp
- Asafoetida – 1/4 tsp
- Thick tamarind extract – 2 Tbl sps
- Salt – as required.
- Chopped coriander
- leaves – 1 Tbl sp
- Chop cabbage finely and fry well in oil. Keep aside.
Cut onions lengthwise.
- Heat little oil and fry mustard, fenugreek, chillies, garlic and then onion till golden.
- Allow to cool and grind to smooth paste with salt.
- Mix fried cabbage, tamarind extract to the paste.
- Sprinkle coriander leaves, mix well and serve.
- For More Chettinad Recipes and Tamil Recipes visit: